History


Introduction to Silver Leys Polo Club
Silver Leys Polo Club was first established in 1894 and is believed to be the oldest Polo Club in England.

Bishops Stortford is the recognised home of the Silver Leys Polo Club. The name appears on a sports ground in Hadham Road, Bishops Stortford. The grounds were formerly an Army Barracks where Silver Leys Polo Club played for many years, before moving to the Blues and Royals Cavalry Regiment ground at Carver Barracks, Newport Essex.